EMPTY SOAP BOX
by Jim Porter
Someone referred to me by the 'handle' The Right Reverend Porter. Assume it was in good faith. But, it reminded me of the empty soap box.
Therefore, verily and without being offensive to the ONE ABOVE, the following appear to apply:
- Fish are easy to catch; finding them is thy hard problem.
- Lures do not catch fish; fishermen accomplish that task.
- Be not ye a contributor to the Kingdom of 'Magic' Lures, for they are mostly false prophets who only strive to get thy dollar.
- Depth and speed are thy main directives; let colors, advertising hype and brand names not deceive thee.
- They that talk the most, usually catch the least (sorta reminds us of high school days!!).
- Yea, though I snag the big one, my line and my knot comfort me; for they, not thy rod and reel, are thy REAL links to that trophy; covet them as you would your wife.
- Dry lures catch few fish.
- Thy kill switch shall comfort thee all the days of thy boating.
- Lie not about fishing, for there are enough for all.
- Teach a child to fish and ye shall be rich beyond thy wildest dreams.
Recommended sites by The Fishin' Tipster
A common question that we get: "Is there somewhere close to get bait and tackle?" This is where we get our bait.
Pete and Tina Heinz / 9 South Mulberry St. / Fellsmere, FL 32948 / 772-571-9855
Get your site listed here
Let us help you drive more targeted traffic to your site.
Rank our Site
ęCopyright 2001-07 All rights reserved by Jim Porter, any reproduction, quotation or other use of this site or its elements is prohibited without the express written permission of Jim Porter