THIS PAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY PRADCO; MANUFACTURER OF QUALITY LURES
Fishin' Tipster takes a look at
THE ULTIMATE LURE RETRIEVER
Save money -
Save a tournament win -
Save an old faithful fishing lure!!
Like a blind hog finding an acorn, the Old Fishin' Tipster has found the ULTIMATE lure retriever!!!!!
|DISCLAIMER: This Product Evaluation is not a sales pitch, in that we don't sell the 'Go-Get-It', nor do we have any present business relationship, whatsoever, with the company who manufactures/markets it. We were provided a sample of the product for testing.
When Bill Parson, VP of Parey Products, Inc., contacted me, his message was short and not-so-sweet: "I have the best product of its type on the market, but it hasn't sold well yet. Would you please evaluate our program and see if you can determine why?"
Here is what we did:
About 10 minutes into the hands-on field evaluation, it suddenly dawned on us - Bill was 100% correct! By golly, his 'Go-Get-It' Lure Retriever was, hands down,
- We watched their 30-minute product demonstration film (Infomercial).
- We looked over the Parey web site.
- We gave the product a thorough field evaluation.
the absolute BEST product of its type we had ever used!!
Here is why we say that (and, I bet you'll agree after we explain):
If you are like me, you have used a number of different lure retrievers. And, probably, all have had their faults, too.
I fully suspect the inventor of the 'Go-Get-It', at one time, had the same problems, in that he fixed the exact ones that tormented me.
- The ones you let down on cord become hung down there with the lure and we wind up losing it all; or, the sliding retriever body won't get past the first limb to even reach the lure.
- The extendable pole types damage (sometimes even cut) our lines; the line keeps slipping out of the holding device; that wire coil on the end of the pole bends easily or breaks off; ---- it goes on and on with that device. The pole is much better than the retriever on the cord, but it has always had major faults, too. (Heck, the best lure retriever I ever used I made myself out of frustration. It was a pole with a dog chain clip taped to the end. But, it damaged the line and the line kept slipping out of the clip!)
Take a look at the picture of the head of the 'Go-Get-It'. The perfection of the device lies right there, in that ingenious head design.
- Note the recesses 'pockets' in the front of the head. They are highly functional properties. Look back at he first picture in this Product Evaluation and find the lip of the lure being retrieved. Right!! It is inside one of the 'pockets' . With the line held taunt, the 'pocket' applies a certain amount of 'grip' to hold the lure stable while you push it loose from the snag. Possibly even more valuable is the fact that the 'grip' of the pocket also allows you to twist the lure right and left while, at he same time, pushing it free. This design is the next best thing to having hands on the retriever.
- Now, look at the next picture below. That spring-loaded blue pin, coupled with the smooth, angled slot you see the pin passing through, holds the line securely and with no possibility of slippage or damage. It is absolutely foolproof and 110% functional.
The 'Go-Get-It' extension design was well thought-out, too. The body is made up of multiple extension sections that allow it to attain 15 feet of reach (18 feet in the 'Plus' model). By using numerous extension sections, the body to collapse to just slight over 3.5 feet (43 inches), facilitating easy storage. The 'twist-lock' fasteners for each extension section are easy to grip and hold the sections firmly in the desired place.
There is only one thing I would do to improve the 'Go-Get-It', BUT it has nothing to do with its already perfect functionality. I would add a wrist-loop to the handle to keep old, clumsy guys like me from dropping it into the lake.
With the skyrocketing costs of fishing lures, our sport gets downright expensive at times. Not only are most hard lures (plugs, spinnerbaits) expensive, but some soft plastics are just as bad. (Senko's ain't cheap!) Hanging up and losing a lure can just about cost you your lunch money for a day!!!! Additionally, the ability to rapidly retrieve a snagged lure saves a lot of time when a tournament may be on the line! We anglers NEED a sure and rapid way to get snagged lures back!
And, the 'Go-Get-It' does it and does it with style. After about five or six lure saves, it will have paid for itself, too.
We highly recommend this product.
If you would like to explore the 'Go-Get-It' further, you may contact them as follows (tell 'em you saw it on our web site and I'll bet you'll get a discount!):
Parey Products, Inc.
906 Greensburg St.
Tel. (800) 805-8102
Check back often for the latest unbiased product review!!
CLICK HERE for more product reviews!!
If you would like to have a product reviewed by Old Fishin' Tipster for inclusion on this site, fill out the form by clicking here. Please describe the product that you want to review, and tell Jim how to contact you, in order to arrange the review of your product.
Recommended sites by The Fishin' Tipster
A common question that we get: "Is there somewhere close to get bait and tackle?" This is where we get our bait.
Pete and Tina Heinz / 9 South Mulberry St. / Fellsmere, FL 32948 / 772-571-9855
Get your site listed here
Let us help you drive more targeted traffic to your site.
Rank our Site
©Copyright 2001-07 All rights reserved by Jim Porter, any reproduction, quotation or other use of this site or its elements is prohibited without the express written permission of Jim Porter