OLD FISHIN' TIPSTER'S
BASS FISHING TIPS AND TRICKS
Got a question about fishing, that you have never been able to figure out?
Well, along comes old Fishin' Tipster, Weekend Semi-Pro and resident backlash picking champion, with the solution.
- Weedless Rigging With An Easy Hook-set by the Old Fishin' Tipster
- Keeping your hands clean when filleting those fish - Old Tipster finally found a way to clean fish and keep clean hands, too! In fact, he found TWO ways! You’ll like both neat devices.
- Keeping Gear Dry In the Bottom of Boat Storage Compartments - Old Fishin' Tipster has come up with a solution!
- How To Rig Simple Pole Holders When Spider-Rigging For Crappie? - Old Fishin' Tipster has come up with a solution!
- How to keep more of those expensive shiners alive in hot weather!! - Old Fishin' Tipster has come up with a solution!
- How to keep from spilling oil on your boat or truck engine. - Old Fishin' Tipster has come up with a solution!
- Ever kick your favorite rod overboard? Sure. We all pull that one on occasion. We fishing guides are on the water so much, you can bet we have it happen more than the average angler does, too. Sometimes I think I need a life jacket for a fishing rod. - Old Fishin' Tipster has come up with a solution!
- Got new model MinnKota (or other trolling motor) that has the keel projection back near the propeller?? - Old Fishin' Tipster has come up with a solution to protect the depthfinder transducer!
- Getting electrical power to your house during a power outage!!! - Old Fishin' Tipster has come up with a solution to get electrical power to your house during a power outage and you don't need a generator!
- The OLD FISHIN' TIPSTER comes up with more bass fishing tips and tricks for Anglers!!! - In fact, the old scoundrel came up with 50 more tips and tricks to help you with your fishing!
- Beating Mother Nature. How to deal with the wind. - Old Fishin' Tipster give some advice on how to del with the wind when fishing.
- Got a leak in your boat and can't find it? - Old Fishin' Tipster give some advice on how to find that leak in your boat
- How to secure any bolt or screw easily. - Old Fishin' Tipster tells you what he has found to work the best.
- How to keep your tackle load light. - Old Fishin' Tipster tells you what he has found to work the best.
- How to keep a wound from a fish from becoming sore. - Old Fishin' Tipster tells you what he has found to work the best.
- What is the best sunblock available? - Old Fishin' Tipster tells you what he has found to work the best.
- How can you stop the itch of a bug bite?. - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how to solve this problem.
- How to deal with those pesky grass gnats. - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how to solve this problem.
- How to keep your boat looking good. - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how to solve this problem.
- How to find your needle nose pliers on the boat. - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how to solve this problem.
- How to keep your rods from getting tangled in the rod storage lockers? - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how to accomplish this.
- How to slow down your boat drift in windy conditions - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how to accomplish this.
- How to spool old, but still good, monofilament line - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how to make this job easier.
- A good catfish attractant - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on attract those catfish.
- How to get the fish smell out of the ice chest - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how solve this problem.
- How to get the fish smell off your hands - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how solve this problem.
- Mosquitos be prepared to be repelled - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how to repel those nasty mosquitos.
- Saving that money on Lines - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good economical advice on how to save money on your fishing line.
- Getting that Pork off a Jig - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how eliminate the troublesome task of taking off the pork from a jig.
- Get that Short-Striking Fish (and maybe a second one, too!) - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how catch more fish.
- Cleaning and Polishing Stuff - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how to clean your boat and tackle.
- Pickin' Backlashes the Tipster Way - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how to take out those nasty backlashes.
- Cleaning up Cork rod Handles - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how clean up those grimy cork rod handles.
- Managing and Protecting Small Items - Old Fishin' Tipster gives some good advice on how to store and protect the small items used while fishing.
- Removing Line Twist - Old Fishin' Tipster explains how to remove the twist from your fishing line.
- BEADS AND the CAROLINA RIG - Old Fishin' Tipster explains the REAL story behind the use of a bead when fishing the carolina rig.
- Floating Line Uses - Old Fishin' Tipster has come up with good uses for floating lines.
- Alternative SENKO Bait - Old Fishin' Tipster has come up with a good alternative for the SENKO lure.
- Dirty Boat Anchors - Old Fishin' Tipster tells you how to keep those boat anchors from dirtying up your boat.
- Boat Storage Compartment Sweating - Old Fishin' Tipster can't do much for boat design, save finding a bigger hammer or cleaning out the drain hole regularly. But, we have just the trick for that condensation problem.
- Nail Polish Use - Old Fishin' Tipster got this good tip in the e-mail, make sure you read it.
- Proper Rod & Reel Selection - Old Fishin' Tipster discusses how to choose the correct rod and reel for bass fishing.
- The Real Secret of Lipped Crank Plugs - Old Fishin' Tipster discusses how to choose the correct crank plug when fishing.
- Controlling Lure Depth - Old Fishin' Tipster discusses how to effectively control the depth of a crank bait lure.
- Stop Losing Crappie Jigs - Old Fishin' Tipster discusses how to reduce the loss of crappie jigs.
- Reducing Hook Removal Pain - Old Fishin' Tipster discusses how to reduce the pain when removing a hook.
- The Best Sunblock Ever - Old Fishin' Tipster discusses what he has found to be the best sunblock available.
- Baiting a Fishing Spot - Old Fishin' Tipster discusses how to effectively bait a fishing spot.
- Crank Plugging - Old Fishin' Tipster discusses techniques to utilize the crank bait more effectively.
- Enhancing Catch-and-Release Survival Rates - Old Fishin' Tipster discusses techniques to increase the survival rate of the fish.
- Facts about Bass Spawning - Old Fishin' Tipster shares his knowledge about the bass spawn.
- Catfish Puncture Remedy - Old Fishin' Tipster shares some ideas on how to take the sting out of getting barbed by a catfish.
- Disposing of Fish Cleaning Leftovers - Old Fishin' Tipster shares some ideas on how to dispose of the remains of cleaning fish.
- Fish Like Wind - Old Fishin' Tipster shares some ideas on how to use the wind to locate fish.
- Carrying Insect Repellent - Old Fishin' Tipster shares some ideas on how to carry Insect Repellent
- Old Plastic Worm Uses - Old Fishin' Tipster shares some ideas on how to use old plastic worms.
- Wind and Boat Control - Old Fishin' Tipster shares an easy way to gain boat control in the wind.
- Installing a Depthfinder - When installing a depth finder, the first thing to do is find the best spot to view the screen.
- For schooling bass, try this sure fire rig - Will come back with 2 fish at a time on most casts into schools.
- Choosing a New Rod - When choosing a rod there are 3 main factors that will determine how the rod will perform in actual use.
- Tubes for Smallmouths - The most popular way to catch smallmouth bass, when using artificials, is with a tube bait.
- Carolina Rigs for Smallmouths - Another great way to fish for smallmouth or any other fish is with a Carolina rig.
- Line Tips - Great tips about using fishing line.
- Insect Repellant Trick - If you use AVON Skin-So-Soft as a fly repellent, you'll be a happy angler.
- Dropping Tackle over the side? - Need a place to hold stuff without scratching the boat?
- Polarized Sunglesses - All anglers will better protect their eyes and be able to see underwater fish better with good quality polarized sunglasses.
- Setting Cast Controls on Casting Reels - There are 2 primary methods for adjusting the cast controls on casting reels. Try them both and stick with the method that works best for you and your reel.
- Filling and Casting Conventional Reels - Improper filling of casting and conventional reels can lead to tangles, just like on a spinning reel.
- Avoid Tangles on your spinning reel - Spinning reels often get bird's nests and tangles, which are usually caused by one of three mistakes.
- Drag Settings - The biggest mistake made by anglers is to have their drag set improperly.
- Keep Your Catch from Spoiling - During the hot summer weather it is very important to keep your catch on ice.
- Getting Spinnerbaits Deep - Sometimes, slow-rolling a spinnerbait down real deep across structure is the only way to get a cold winter bass to strike. But, spinnerbaits weren't made to fish deep.
- Floating Tubes with Foam - After a day of pickin' bottom slime off his 'stuff', you finally decided you need a way to keep those Carolina-rig plastics off the mucky bottom and above the grass? Is that what's troubling you, Boo-Boo?
- Trolling Motor Clamp - Some of the newer bass boats are coming with a recessed mount for the front depth finder. On others, you still have to select a spot on the front deck to mount the unit. And, if you are not careful, the trolling motor cable is going to wind up right across the face of the unit.
- Tipster's Rod Hook Keeper - There's always SOMETHING getting my 'stuff' tangled up. I believe the Tipster spends 2 hours pickin' out messes and 30 minutes fishin'. Probably the worst messes involve rods getting tangled together with lure and line jumbles. What I need is a good 10-cent hook keeper!
- Spinnerbait Storage - Those safety-pin style spinnerbaits don't fit most tackle box tray slots well, do they? That blade arm makes them too wide to lay flat and too tall to stand on their sides. I'm always shutting the lid down on an arm or a blade and bending something. If it is one of my Plano utility boxes, I can't get both latches to snap shut.
- Lock and Key Keeper - If you're like me, you probably have box full of old locks and a jar full of keys out on your garage workbench. Yep, got a passel of 'em, you betcha. Problem is, none of the keys fit any of the locks. Seems how old keys and their locks are like socks - somehow the pairs part company and all I got is a bunch of singles. What we need is a good 10-cent 'lock-and-key-keep-'em-together-thingy' of some kind!
- Jack Swanson's Line Keeper - Every so often, a fisherman gets so frustrated with some problem that he actually comes up with a good idea. Such is the Line Keeper that Jack Swanson developed.
Old Fishin' Tipster, Weekend Semi-Pro and resident backlash picking champion, thinks this little jewel has a LOT more uses than just holding line, too.
- Another Lure Retriever Idea - Old Tipster used to use those 98-cent metal fishy stringers from Big Lots. Then, he found the hooks on it would come open and let all the Grinners get plumb away. Tossed all them stringers in the 'someday I'll do sumthin' with 'em' bin, I did. Now, Keith Mayberry has found a use for them and it works, too!
- Inexpensive and Quick Rod Hook Keeper - Talk about a 'now, why didn't I think of that' idea, here is a great one from Keith Mayberry. Keeps hooks out of my fingers and right in against the rod.
- Control Line Tangles - Old Tipster always thought that if you ain't tangled up. You obviously ain't fishin'
- Casting Tips - Casting seems simple, but I really get messed up a lot doing it. Between bushes and the seat of my pants, Old Tipster has hooked a few things more than fish!
- Line Spooling - Fishing is starting to eat into the old Tipster's Viennie fund a bit too deep lately.
- The "PERFECT" pocket tool for fishing - Ever wish you could run across that 'perfect' pocket tool for fishing? Well, the Old Fishin' Tipster, Weekend Semi-Pro and National backlash Pickin' Champion has finally found one that 'fits the bill'!
- Protect the Keel of your Boat - Ever notice how your boat's keel line getting all marred and scarred? When you run over something in the water, or beach the boat, that keel line takes a beating. Sometimes you scar it just from rubbing the boat on the trailer while loading. Don't you wish you could just drive the boat up on a gravel bank or even the concrete boat ramp without damage?
- Selecting a Topwater Plug - Trying to figure which topwater to use? Well, it seems that selection of topwater plugs may have some criteria that can spell more success.
- Marking Structure - Trying to stay on submerged creek channel or a school of fish can be tough. Trying to watch that depth finder and fish can be hard, especially if the wind is blowing, too.
- Storage Well Lid Holders - It sure gets tough trying to dig something out of the bottom of a storage well in that boat sometime, doesn't it.
- Nifty Pocket Tool - Seems how when I get out in that boat, and am 19 miles from the ramp and my truck, I am always needing a tool.
- Rod Tip Quick-Fix - Ever break the tip off you best rod right when you get on the lake?
- Easy Cell Phone Charger - After spending a couple of nights in the swamp with the alligators and 'skeeters' because of a broke-down boat, Tipster got modern and got a cellular phone.
- Crank Plug Selection - It sure gets tough trying to pick a crank plug sometimes.
- Trailering Safety Cable - Ever seen a boat lying in the middle of the road after sliding off a trailer?
- Freeze Warning For Outboards - It is a fact that an outboard motor lower unit can crack if it has water in it and you have a hard freeze.
- Keeping Things Dry - Don't you just hate it when your 'stuff' gets wet? I don't think there is a 'dry storage' made that is always dry.
- Easy Tandem Trailer Jack - Boat trailers are a pain to jack up when tire fixin' time comes.
- PLANO Tackle Box Specials - Tired of all the high prices for fishin' stuff? Looking for a deal once in awhile?
- Protect That Transducer - Don't you just hate it when you bump a stump or rock and bust that transducer on the trolling motor?
- Ultimate Vehicle Rock Guard - Don't you just hate all those rocks and road debris that chips the paint on your boat trailer, as well as pocks the gelcoat on the boat?
- Fishing Tool Control - Need a way to keep up the those fishin' tools so you can find them when needed?
- Overboard Rod Retriever - Want to know how to get a rod back that you kick over the side of the boat. Tipster has a way!
- Small Hardware Control - Got that problem of little plastic bags full of swivels, snaps and hooks always coming open or taking up space? Got loose swivels, snaps and hooks all over the place in the tackle box?
- Pre-Rigged Line Holder - Re-tying Carolina Rigs, or our great swimming worm rigs, is a real pain when we are right in the middle of catching fish.
- Positive Snagged Lure Retrieval - Don't you just hate losing those $5 crank plugs?
- Plastic Tubing Tricks For Blade Lures - Don't you just hate those flopping trailer hooks on the blade baits?
- Preventing Hook Rust - Don't you just hate those hooks and jig heads that rust in the tackle box?
- Boat Control Safety Devices - Ever see or hear of a serious bass boat accident?
- Cold Weather Overboard Survival - Overboard in cold weather is dangerous
- Boat Handling Enhancement - Need to get that boat on plane quickly?
Got a question for the Old Fishin' Tipster?
EMAIL the Old Fishin' Tipster with your questions.
Recommended sites by The Fishin' Tipster
A common question that we get: "Is there somewhere close to get bait and tackle?" This is where we get our bait.
Pete and Tina Heinz / 9 South Mulberry St. / Fellsmere, FL 32948 / 772-571-9855
Get your site listed here
Let us help you drive more targeted traffic to your site.
Rank our Site
ęCopyright 2001-07 All rights reserved by Jim Porter, any reproduction, quotation or other use of this site or its elements is prohibited without the express written permission of Jim Porter
A COMPUTER BASED
Protect your eyes from the sun on your next fishing trip. Buy
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
at TV Products 4 Less.
FROGG TOGGS RAIN GEAR
THE BEST PRICES AVAILABLE!!